Research method and particular cases
|A word from Icer:|
Before you drool over certain aspects of this page, a little word from Icer, who was charged with updating this page. Older users will remember the old images dating from season 1. Thee following document however is perfectly official. Problem: many extras were added since...season 2. Without any official guidance this time but not wanting to leave them on the side, we've distinguished between then with a simple colour code: all the characters within a green square are completely official: their name, their class. The others are in a red square. For the rare few of you who are interested in that (I'm mainly talking about authors who wish to recount the characters while being as faithful to the series as much as possible), I'm going to explain the system adopted to place then without help outside of the series itself:
- First, all the nameless year 10 students. Primarily red, these are safe bets. They always appear when Yumi's class is used and they also appear together in the class photo in episode 34 (the only absent student was one officially in this class!).
- Then, the student 3 in Hiroki's class is also from a reliable source, given episode 75's context. And seeing his height, he surely isn't a year 10 student.
- For Zlicaric Valerie, her presence in the class of most of our heroes is also semi-certain, because she appears there very often. I was able to give her a reliable last name that was heard during the academic review. But, this surname was never attributed to any of the other students. And Valeria is the only one with an unknown surname. By deduction, we can attribute it to her. For the first time, it's a little less sure: it's heard two times during season 1 (she was already present contrary to the other non-officials, her anonymity is possibly a mistake), during roll call. Again, it's not attributed to any other student. Plus, we hear a female voice respond (it's therefore not a Valery).
- In the case of year 8, the adding of students 8 to 11 is allowed because in part, they're seen several times in the company of students officially in the same class, and we see them clearly in a few scene walking out of the same class as those students. A final logical argument: all the official students are boys. It's therefore not surprising to find four people of the opposite sex informally in this class.
- For student 9 in year 7, the reasoning is similar. Absence of a boy in the ranks... And small height! He also doesn't appear in episode 75 (he's therefore not a year 6 student). Still, unlike the year 7 girls, he's not clearly seen leaving the same class as the characters officially in this year group. This is therefore a slightly grey area.
- Mickael is a character that only appears in episode 45 (he's already dressed suitably for the weather). The name is reliable, we hear Jim call him later. But as for his class... He's put with the year 8s because of his height (all the year 9s known, he couldn't be part of their class).
- Final controversial case: Emily Leduc. Presented as a student in Yumi's class in one episode, all the others indicate that she's actually with Jeremy, Ulrich, Odd and Aelita. Seeing the scenario of episode 22, it appears logical that an error was committed intentionally for the needs of the episode. Still, it was decided that she would be placed with the year 10s on this page, principally because...that allows for multiples of four, for the year 9s as well as the year 10s (and therefore pretty tables). In the end, we can consider that she's in one or the other.
And now, you can drool over it all!